[Image-SIG] problem with Image.open and Image.save

Hohmann-Marriott, Martin (NIH/NIBIB) [V] hohmannm at mail.nih.gov
Thu Oct 18 15:46:08 CEST 2007

Hi there,

I try to open, (manipulate) and save an image, but run into problems on a "once in a while basis". My suspicion is that it has something to do with file access - so I made sure the image (new.tif) is not opened by any other program. Any suggestions for a work around.

CODE:
import Image

im=Image.open("new.tif")
im.save("new.tif")

ERROR REPORT:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py", line 310, in RunScript
    exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
  File "I:\synthetic\Script1.py", line 4, in ?
    im.save("new.tif")
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\PIL\Image.py", line 1399, in save
    fp = __builtin__.open(fp, "wb")
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'new.tif'

Thank you for your help!

Martin