[Image-SIG] PIL DPI trouble - Solved

Gary Bloom bloominator at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 8 22:23:48 CEST 2007

Hi Luca,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you...

The first thing that jumps out at me about what you've written below is that
you've been working on MacOSX and I have been working under XP.  I have done
testing in the past few months, similar to what you've done, but without the
same results. What you've done and the results you see make sense, but I
just don't get the same thing under XP.  I have been running Python 2.4.4
and PIL 1.1.6 under XP SP2.  My goal is to try to get my hands on an old Mac
and redo my testing under OSX.  I am hoping that I will see your results,
and then I can say that the problem is platform-specific.  As soon as I can
get my hands on Photoshop or PSP for the Mac, I will try to make that
happen.  By the way, is there any chance that you've done any testing under
Windows?

Regards,

Gary