[Image-SIG] text justification

Kevin Cazabon kevin at cazabon.com
Mon Nov 26 16:09:29 CET 2007

There's nothing built into the library, but I've hacked some code in
the past to do this - unfortunately I can't find any code which can be
neatly extracted for you.

It's pretty straight forward though - the PIL text rendering functions
include the ability to tell you exactly what size the finished text
will be.  You can simply use that, then calculate how far left/right
to move your starting point.

i.e. - if your text area is 300 pixels wide, and the text will be only
223 pixels, to right-justify you just offset by the difference (77
pixels).  For center justified, just offset by half that (38 or 39
pixels).

Kevin.