[Image-SIG] PIL Installation Problem

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Nov 12 20:37:00 CET 2007

tonylabarbara at aol.com wrote:

> I´ve installed Zope 2.10.5 on top of Python 2.4.2 (not optimal, but it
> will work, according to the build instructions). I installed Plone 3.0.2
> and I get errors when I crank up Zope, all related to a non-existent
> PIL. So I d/l/d the latest PIL, plopped it in my Extensions dir, ran this:
> python setup.py build_ext -i
>
> and got this:
> running build_ext
> building '_imagingtk' extension

Looks like you have a Python linked with Tkinter, and the Tcl/Tk build
libraries, but not the Tcl/Tk include files.  You can locate a Tcl/Tk
developer package, or comment out the following lines in the setup.py file:

         elif feature.tcl and feature.tk:
             exts.append(Extension(
                 "_imagingtk", ["_imagingtk.c", "Tk/tkImaging.c"],
                 libraries=[feature.tcl, feature.tk]
                 ))