[Image-SIG] whither PythonMagick?

Brad Allen brad at allendev.com
Tue May 22 23:58:56 CEST 2007

Has anyone here worked with PythonMagick? There is no clear
documentation on how to get it working, no setup.py, and it looks
like some necessary modules are missing (the __init__.py refers to
modules that are not present).

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/api.php#python

Here are comments from a Perl developer who may decide not to switch
to Python because of lack of ImageMagick support.

http://sxoop.wordpress.com/2006/11/29/whither-pythonmagick/

Excerpt: "I want to give Python a chance. I really do. But things
don't look too promising on the ImageMagick front."

For my part, I need an ImageMagick capability that I have yet to find
elsewhere, namely the ability to rotate TIFF files with Group 4
compression, with no loss of compression.  If anyone has knows a
better way, I would appreciate hearing about it.