[Image-SIG] Clipped text, still.

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Tue Jan 16 13:10:02 CET 2007

OK, here's some code, and some output.  (My emails seem to be
consistently held for moderation; I apologize for the apparent delays in
responding).

This code (in a Django view function):

    im = Image.new("RGB", (300, 300), '#ffffc0')
    draw = ImageDraw.Draw(im)
    font = ImageFont.truetype('timesbi.ttf', 50)
    draw.text((100, 100), "jigf", font=font, fill='black')
    response = HttpResponse(mimetype='image/png')
    im.save(response, 'PNG')
    return response

produces two different results, attached.  One is with PIL 1.1.5, the
other with 1.1.6.  1.1.5 produces the text in the proper place, but with
the bulbs of the j and f wrapped around to the other end of the text.
1.1.6 doesn't wrap the bulbs, but has clipped the j severely, and has
mis-positioned the text so as to keep the entire f in the drawing.

Is this not something other people are seeing?

--Ned.