[Image-SIG] Capturing the Tkinter Canvas to the Windows Clipboard

david.giesen at kodak.com david.giesen at kodak.com
Thu Jan 4 22:00:00 CET 2007

Hi -

I've searched all over and I can't figure out how to transfer an image of
the Tkinter Canvas to the Windows clipboard (or any clipboard, for that
matter).  I've use the PIL to capture and display an image of the Canvas,
but I can't figure out how to put that image into the clipboard directly.
Yes, I can capture it, display it automatically using Windows Paint and
use "copy" in that program to put it in the clipboard, but that seems,
well, clunky.

Do you have any suggestions how I might do this?  I've spent a
considerable amount of time googling this to no avail, so I'm sorry if
this is an FAQ that I should know.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dave Giesen