[Image-SIG] Remove noise from high ISO photos

Daniel Felix Ferber danielsforummail at terra.com.br
Wed Dec 19 05:05:52 CET 2007

Hi!

I was wondering if PIL has a filter or enhancement in order to remove
noise from photos that were taked with high ISO. Gimp and ImageMagic
both have such a feature and it work very good.
I tried to use SMOOTH or SMOOTH_MORE filter. But there are better
strategies to remove high ISO noise that try to preserve sharpness of
the image.
Currently I am calling ImageMagic from within my python script, but I
would prefer if PIL would handle it. Is this possible in current version
of PIL?

Best regards,
Daniel Ferber