[Image-SIG] How do i import text file which has NaNs ?

jv Jim.Vickroy at noaa.gov
Mon Dec 3 18:31:20 CET 2007

  _____

From: image-sig-bounces at python.org [mailto:image-sig-bounces at python.org] On
Behalf Of raghuram narasimhan
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 10:31 PM
To: image-sig at python.org
Subject: [Image-SIG] How do i import text file which has NaNs ?

Hi all,

I have converted an ENVI image file into ASCII.

The ASCII file has NaNs or NoData in them.

I am not able to read the file into python since it is not able to recognize
NaN.

I'm not an experience python user, and hence i guess i'm not able to figure
it out.

Does anyone have any idea as to how i can import an ASCII file with NaNs in
them ?

[jv] I'm not sure this is applicable, but have you looked at the numpy
extension package which has support for NaN?

Hoping to hear from you,

 Raghu