[Image-SIG] PIL supporting TIFF compressed using group 4?

Brad Allen brad at allendev.com
Thu Apr 5 20:25:03 CEST 2007

Hello,

I am new to this list, having gotten involved in a project at work
that uses PIL. There is one place where we are using wxImage to read
a TIFF which the PIL 1.1.6 apparently cannot because the image has
group 4 compression.

There are some scant mentions earlier on this list and in
comp.lang.python about a patch for PIL support for TIFF group 4, but
I can seem to find any confirmation that it exists or how to get it.

Any insight would be appreciated...thanks!