[Image-SIG] PIL QUAD transform

Chris Jone short.jones.cipher at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 01:46:59 CEST 2006

I found the matrix data in Jeff Breidenbach's original posting here on
2005-02-16:-
"Data is a 8-tuple (a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h) which contains the coefficients
for a perspective transform. For each pixel (x, y) in the output image, the
new value is taken from a position (a x + b y + c)/(g x + h y + 1),
(d x + e y + f)/(g x + h y + 1) in the input image, rounded to nearest
pixel."
It works fine in 1.1.5.
The question remains: what transform does QUAD apply? I would have expected
it to use a perspective transform like the one in the Java Advanced Imaging
method getQuadToQuad, which creates a PerspectiveTransform that maps an
arbitrary quadrilateral onto another arbitrary quadrilateral.