[Image-SIG] BUGREPORT: image.tostring()

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed May 17 16:16:04 CEST 2006

Florian Schroff wrote:

> -first it should implement the possibility to use keywords as "save" does

umm.  tostring and save are two entirely different things; tostring passes
the
pixels to a low-level encoder, save writes an entire image to a file (use
the
StringIO module if you want to save an image to a string).

the keywords you can use with save() has no direct mapping to the low-
level encoder parameters you can use with tostring().

> l, s, d = e.encode(65536)
> should be configurable or changed or ... I guess sth. similar with respect
> "save" occured on the mailing lists already.

the 64k limitation for very wide uncompressed images ("raw") has been
removed in 1.1.6.