[Image-SIG] Displaying Images and getting input from Mouse

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu May 4 22:10:18 CEST 2006

Wynand Singels wrote:
> The other option I was looking at was using wxPython - a staticbitmap with
> EVT_LEFT_DOWN or something like that. But I'm struggling to get this to
> work.

This should be quite easy in wxPython. Make sure to post to the
wxPython-users list, we're a helpful bunch over there.

Note that there are some issues with wxStaticBitmap and mouse events.
there was a recent thread about this. Check the archives of wxPython-users.

> Please take into account that my end product will have to have a full GUI.

In that case, you want to pick your GUI toolkit first. You could do this
with any decent GUI lib. wxPython is an excellent choice for most uses,
particularly if you want good multiple platform support.

> Is there some other package I can use? Or am I missing some part of wxPython
> that can do this? Is there anyone that has done anything similar?

Lots of folks. check the newsgroups and the wxPython demo and Wiki.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov