[Image-SIG] Finding image dimension

andrea_gavana at tin.it andrea_gavana at tin.it
Tue Jun 20 10:42:11 CEST 2006

Hello NG,

    I am using PIL to load and display some pictures (via
wxPython) in a GUI. I have added the ability for the user to change
the
linear dimensions of the image (in pixels) and the quality of the
image
in order for the image to be saved in another file. I was
wondering if
is there a way to know in advance, based on the pixel
dimensions
specified by the user and by the image quality, which file
size (in
bytes) I will obtain for the new image (approximatively). Is
there a
way to obtain such result without actually saving the image?

Thanks
for any hint.

Andrea.