[Image-SIG] ImageFilter.Kernel ignores two pixels of border

Anthony D. Urso anthonyu at killa.net
Sat Jul 29 16:00:05 CEST 2006

Using PIL 1.1.5 under Python 2.4.3, filtering an image with a 5x5
ImageFilter.Kernel ignores two pixels of border.  I understand why this
happens, but it's really not the optimal behavior: generally, filters
consider those undefined pixels outside the image to have zero values.

Is there anyway to work around this without expanding, filtering, then
cropping the image?

Please Cc: me as I am not subscribed to this list.

Cheers,
Anthony

--
 Au

 PGP Key ID: 0x385B44CB
 Fingerprint: 9E9E B116 DB2C D734 C090  E72F 43A0 95C4 385B 44CB
    "Maximus vero fugiens a quodam Urso, milite Romano, interemptus est"
                                               - Getica 235