[Image-SIG] Data visualization

Eckhoff, Michael A CIV N62306 michael.eckhoff at navy.mil
Thu Jul 27 22:39:04 CEST 2006

I've been reading the book by Langtangen ("Python Scripting for
Computational Science") in which I recall his mentioning PIL, although I
cannot find any reference to it in his index. Has anyone used PIL to
visualize the data in a Numpy array (or whatever the latest version is
called)? Is it feasible to use the Image class for drawing vector fields,
contours, etc. as in matlab? Is  there a connection with matplotlib?

I'd especially be interested if there are any oceanographers out there who
are willing to share such Python applications.

Thank you,
Michael Eckhoff