[Image-SIG] Capturing higher resolution images

Tod Haren ke7fxl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 22:31:24 CET 2006

I've got a web cam, your basic run-of-the-mill variety, that purports
to be capable of VGA 640x480 still images, but only lower resolution
for video.  However, I can not figure out how to capture a VGA quality
image.  Using VideoCapture.py only enables the lower resolution
images.  My assumption is that the driver being used for the web cam
is only providing the video options.  Can anybody clue me in to how I
can capture these VGA snapshots?  I've seen the TWAIN module for
Windows, but I'd prefer a portable option.  I've Google around but
haven't come up with anything concrete yet.

FYI, I'm just getting into Python.

Thanks