[Image-SIG] PIL probs on Debian when resizing

Michela Ledwidge michela at modfilms.com
Tue Dec 12 15:10:39 CET 2006

Hi

I'm using the latest python-imaging package available for my Debian install
(1.1.5-11) and unable to get image resizing working.

I think the problem is my install because all the sample code I can find is
almost identical. I've deleted and reinstalled the package and tested that
the package and methods are available to the application.

Any advice?

This code produces a corrupted thumbnail which is mainly black

				avatar = Image.open(path)
				avatar.size = (128,128)
				avatar.save(filename, "JPG")

This code doesn't produce any file at all. Neither does changinig format to
PNG

				avatar = Image.open(path)
				avatar.thumbnail((128,128), Image.ANTIALIAS)
# doesn't work at all
				avatar.save(filename, "JPG")

Also tried avatar.resize method which also didn't produce anything.

Best
	.M.

Michela Ledwidge