[Image-SIG] Patch for compiling PIL under cygwin

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Sep 28 12:54:28 CEST 2005

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> Miki Tebeka wrote:
>

>>Currently PIL (1.1.5) does not build OOTB under cygwin.
>>
>>The reason is that the setup.py script does not add the directory where the
>>pythonX.Y.dll.a is located.
>

> and I just told someone that he might be the only one still using Python
> on Cygwin ;-)
>
> (your patch was just checked in, and will be in the next 1.1.6 alpha)

That's cool, we're both on the list!

Miki, can I ask you if you've tried using TrueType and OpenType fonts in
your implementation? I'm having problems over here, and some comparison
of our environments might be helpful.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
PyCon TX 2006                          www.pycon.org