[Image-SIG] Information about PythonMagick

Don Rozenberg don.rozenberg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 03:40:42 CEST 2005

Hi,

Is this the right place to inquire about PythonMagick?  I have the
notion that I would like to try the Python interface to ImageMagick but
I am unable to successfully install and run it.  So I have a couple of
questions.

My interest arises because I want to manipulate the image in ways that
are not canned in PIL; I think that I want to get at the pixels to
implement my own image transformations. Another thing that I need is a
Gaussian blur, which I have not seen in PIL.

First, am I missing something important about PIL?  Is there a way of
programming pixel manipulation using PIL?  Should I forget PythonMagick
and use PIL?

If I should stick to PythonMagick, can anyone point me to the author to
inquire about its installation.  Someone at ImageMagick suggested
contacting the author/maintainer but I can't determine who he is.

I am flailing and afraid I may have to go back to C.  So I will
appreciate any suggestion or help.

Thanks in Advance,
Don
--