[Image-SIG] Read EPS (bitmap and vector), TIFF and PSD on windows

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Sep 1 16:25:22 CEST 2005

Stefano Masini wrote:

> Then I looked at the implementation of PIL's ghostscript plugin, and
> it seemed remarkably short comparing to the boatload of command line
> parameters that gs has.

I'm not sure I see the connection -- the EPS plugin simply looks for
EPS headers, and if found, tells ghostscript to render it to a suitable
bitmap image.  You don't need any "boatloads of command line
parameters" to do that...

(feel free to mail me a copy of your worst-case EPS file, btw.  my
internal PIL test suite can never have too many samples...).