[Image-SIG] open tiff fil in wxImage directlye

James Hu jhu at metrigenix.com
Sat Oct 15 00:06:06 CEST 2005

Hi, all gurus,

I need to display 16 bit tiff image on screen directly, but it doesn't
work, only black or gray background shown, (converting from tiff to png
first is not option though). I checked the document, which says wxImage
can open tif!

Any info or help will be appreciated greatly!!!

BTW, I sent this message in another account, but it doesn't seem to be
successful after a few hours.

However, if you guys see this message posted twice, please forgive me.

James

image=wx.Image('output.tif',wxBITMAP_TYPE_TIF)   #can't see, still black
as the empty bitmap

???do some convertion here? Which function should be used, I couldn't
find one.

bmp = image.ConvertToBitmap()

bmp.SetHeight(self.bmpHeight)

bmp.SetWidth(self.bmpWidth)

self.staticBitmap1.SetBitmap(bmp)   #staticBitmap1 already
defined/created before