[Image-SIG] vector graphics Q

Dmitry (Dima) Strakovsky dima at shiftingplanes.org
Sun Oct 16 15:39:48 CEST 2005

Hi Paul,

I haven't done any testing of bitmap to SVG myself, so this is not a
voice of experience :)
hope this helps:

http://www.scale-a-vector.de/svg-test4-e.htm
http://autotrace.sourceforge.net/

Would love to hear if people on the list have used any of the above tools.

Actually handbook is what got me using PIL (thank you Fredrik,Matthew)
it is one of the BEST features of the library. I tried using
ImageMagick  before and encountered severe lack of well written
documentation (and lots of crazy uses for pointers and macros.)  ouch!
However the handbook was written almost 3 years ago and while the core
of the library has not changed (i think) some new features might have
been added (as demonstrated by Fredrik's post yesterday.) I know I am
being a noob, but I figure I gotta ask :)

I found the following lib
http://www2.sfk.nl/svg

... and once again hit a documentation wall (not as severe in python
case.) Has anyone used this lib? It looks like development on it has
stopped sometime last year. Is there something comparable brewing
somewhere else?

Thank you very much for your reply Paul and good luck with bitmap to
SVG. If I come accross any more info I'll post it to the list.

                                        dima