[Image-SIG] PIL and py2app

Chris Jerdonek jerdonek at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 17:18:27 CET 2005

On Nov 17, 2005, at 4:58 AM, Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> note that the error is reported inside the truetype function.
>
> the error message isn't very helpful, but the real cause for this
> exception is (as Bob
> noted) that the _imagingft driver could not find the requested file.

The reason this was tricky for me is that _imagingft is a binary file
(or a stub to a binary rather, in Bob's words) as opposed to a python
module.  So there was no way for me to look inside to see what it was
asking for.  In the end, things were simpler than that.  One of the
arguments passed to the _imagingft method was the name of the file:
"Vera.tff".

Thanks Bob and everybody for the help,
Chris