[Image-SIG] PIL and py2app

Chris Jerdonek jerdonek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 20:50:32 CET 2005

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

I have a python program that uses some commands from the PIL module.

PIL is installed on my Mac, and the program works fine when I run it
from the command line.  However, the PIL part of the program stops
working when I run it as an stand-alone app generated by py2app.  The
error message I'm getting is below.

Also, I checked and I can see that the ImageFont.pyc file in a
subdirectory of the build directory that py2app created.

Thanks for any help anybody can provide,
Chris

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/Users/chris/Desktop/ER/StoveTop/Old/dist/stovetop.app/Contents/
Resources/Python/stovetop.py", line 205, in Click
     item.Activate(frame, event)
   File "reports.pyc", line 326, in GenerateReport
   File "reports.pyc", line 154, in makePie
   File "graph.pyc", line 202, in __init__
   File "PIL/ImageFont.pyc", line 202, in truetype
   File "PIL/ImageFont.pyc", line 121, in __init__
IOError: cannot open resource