[Image-SIG] PIL / gdal_translate

Ryan C Hruska Ryan.Hruska at inl.gov
Thu May 26 19:08:09 CEST 2005

I am using PIL to process aerial  imagery and would like to translate it
from the sensor's frame coordinate system to a world coordinate system
(UTM) using GPS/INS data collected at the time exposure. I am using python
to calculate the UTM coordinates for the image corners and perspective
center based on the camera model, but I haven't had any luck applying this
to the imagery. It was suggested that I use gdal_translate utility to
accomplish this.

Anyway, is it possible to call the gdal_translate.exe utility from python
and pass it the required parameters? I am using the Pythonwin development
environment. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Ryan