[Image-SIG] Discovering inactive options in SANE

Mikko Virkkilä mvirkkil at cc.hut.fi
Wed Mar 9 13:29:09 CET 2005

The scanner.get_options() blurts out a lot of options, but some of these
are inactive and can't be changed/used. How do I know which ones are
inactive?

I'm working on a python project (my first ever) called WebSANE that
makes it possible to control a scanner on the LAN using a browser. This
way there would be no need to install any additional software on the
client (besides a web browser) to access the scanner.

I would like to be able to adjust the brightness and contrast using the
web interface if the scanner supports it. Because of this I need to
figure out if the scanner supports those options.

I would also like to use custom gamma tables for implementing brightness
and contrast on the scanners that don't support bightness/contrast
directly. xsane and some SANE backends already do this. Any pointers on
how to generate and upload these in python would be greatly appreciated.

Yours,
 Mikko