[Image-SIG] Converting to zebra (ZPL) format

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris gwidion at mpc.com.br
Tue Jun 21 01:52:52 CEST 2005

On Monday 20 June 2005 20:07, Peter Dempsey wrote:
> Thanks Douglas and Jaos for your replies.

> Ideally, I should be able to produce a decoder plug-in for ZPL but
> I have a lot to learn before that happens. Given the lack of hits I
> got while looking for a ready-made converter, there is not much
> demand for such a plug-in. Ah well, if it get it working I'll make
> it available and then work on others for DPL, Datamax Programming
> Language and BPL, Brady Programming Language. I may need one for
> Citizen ticket printers also.

If you are diving into writing code for these pritners, you mguiht
whant to get in touch with people at the Linux Printing project, so
that yu code may become apropriate drivers for these devices in the
end.

Maybe they will further point you  to either gutenprint (ex
gimp-print) or Ghostscript devel. either way, it'd mean that these
printers would be supported "out of the box" for millions of
GNU/Linux (and other systems) worldwide.

Regards,
	JS
	-><-