[Image-SIG] ImportError: No module named image

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Jul 12 22:48:19 CEST 2005

On Jul 12, 2005, at 8:53 AM, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

> Have you tried
> import Image
> instead of
> import image  ?
>
> Beware of capitalization - it is very important in GNU/Linux and
> Python - I saw you even wrote "Import" in your e-mail.

It's very important everywhere (except for DOS I guess, but that's
not an officially supported platform).  Python will only import
something if the case matches, whether or not the filesystem is case
insensitive, because there might be an exact match in one of the
other places it's going to look.

-bob