[Image-SIG] Something other than .show()

kevin@cazabon.com kevin at cazabon.com
Sat Jul 2 10:31:49 CEST 2005

You can write your own Tkinter widget pretty easily...

(untested pseudocode)

--------------
import Image, ImageTk, Tkinter

def show2(imgFile):
    im = Image.open(imgFile)
    window = Tkinter.Tk()
    window.tkIm = ImageTk.PhotoImage(im)
    window.label = Tkinter.Label(window, image=window.tkIm)
    window.label.pack()
    return window

x = show2("c:\\temp\test.tif")
x.mainloop()

(I make the label and tkIm as attributes of the window class, so that a
reference is held... otherwise garbage collection makes them go away)

Kevin.