[Image-SIG] Python Script Cannot Find PIL

Michael De Paola mike at dmawebapps.com
Thu Jan 27 15:35:32 CET 2005

I have a Windows 2003 Server upon which I am trying to use Python and
PIL to resize images with a cgi script. Invoking the script by CGI
generates a 500 error. Running the script from a Windows command line
raises the ImportError exception. Curiously enough however, from a
Python prompt, calling "from PIL import Image" executes successfully.
On the Windows system we have set the environment variable PYTHONPATH
to be:

d:\Program Files\Python234;d:\Program
Files\Python234\Lib\site-packages\PIL;d:\Program Files\Python234\PIL;

This looks okay to me. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we
might be missing?

Thanks,
Mike