[Image-SIG] Place image into MySQL db.

S. D. Rose s_david_rose at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 19 17:00:14 CET 2005

I think I should have been a little more specific.  I have a process that
takes a bunch of photos and stores them 'as taken' in .JPG format.  I read
them from the database like this:

>>> cur.execute("select * from photosTMP")
>>> result = cur.fetch()
>>> for each in result:
             recno = each[0]
             img[counter] = each[1].tostring()
            counter += 1

.. do something ..

>>> for photoNum in range(0,4):
             cur.execute("insert into photo(check_transactionKEY, photo)
values(%s, %s)", (photoNum, img[photoNum] )

Now, I want to do something to them.  Resize them to 320x240, make them
grayscale.  Possibly a rotation.  After doing what I want to do, I want to
insert them into another table  for permanent storage.  However, at this
point, they seem to have lost their .JPG formatting.  That's what I wrote
about before.  I _don't_ want to save them to a file.  Rather I want to
insert the image into the database.  If I insert the img object, isn't that
the PIL object, rather than just the image?  I'd really like to be able to
put the image-only in.

I guess I could img.save(file, 'jpg') and then read the file and then insert
it, but that seems to be a particularly in-elegant way to do it.

If someone could assist, I'd really appreciate it.

-Dave

news:do35pg$38q$1 at sea.gmane.org...