[Image-SIG] Rendering Japanese fonts

Lars Yencken lars.yencken at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 03:25:27 CEST 2005

Hi Paul,

On 4/20/05, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know if you are literally including Japanese characters in
> your source code, as you appear to be doing here, but unless you have
> an encoding declaration in your module, this won't work - by default,
> Python source code only handles ASCII characters.

For this test code, I am including the japanese characters right in,
but python was nice enough to warn me first time around when I forgot
to include the encoding. I'm using utf8 encoding, and I seem to be
able to manipulate these characters fine in other scripts. The
.encode() call should put in the appropriate escapes that are needed.

Thanks for checking though =)

Lars