[Image-SIG] PIL 1.1.4 bug ?

gmduncan gmduncan at swiftdsl.com.au
Mon Sep 6 06:56:51 CEST 2004

I'm running Python 2.3 with PIL 1.1.4 on Linux (2.6.8.1).

Just had a little play using PIL interactively ; seems theres a minor
bug in that if you close a file with no suffix, an exception occurs
but an empty file is created anyway in current dir.  See attachment
for Python dialogue.

I'd classify this as a bug, albeit minor.

I've just had a look at PIL simply because I wanted to rescale downwards
a 14382 x 21067 pix JPG (45MB) but GIMP couldn't handle it (it created a
1.5GB swap file in my home dir in / and used up 100% of the space.
(Not only that, it didn't delete the file when i kill'd GIMP, gracefully)

But I managed to do it in PIL; good stuff!

First impressions of PIL are quite favourable (although the
doco - which looks good - could do with a Contents and index)

- Gary