[Image-SIG] Compiling and Installing under AIX

Warren, Matthew (Retail) Matthew.Warren at Powergen.co.uk
Fri Oct 29 10:54:20 CEST 2004

Hello,

I am trying to find a way of generating graphics directly to files, and
found the python imaging library.

Trying to compile it under AIX 5.2.0.0 I get,

checking for --without-gcc... no
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for ar... (cached) ar
checking MACHDEP... aix2
checking for jpeg_destroy_compress in -ljpeg... (cached) no
checking for deflate in -lz... (cached) yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for inline... (cached) inline
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... (cached) yes
checking size of char... (cached) 1
checking size of short... (cached) 2
checking size of int... (cached) 4
checking size of long... (cached) 4
checking size of float... (cached) 4
checking size of double... (cached) 8
checking for working const... (cached) yes
checking for prototypes... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for getpagesize... (cached) yes
checking for working mmap... (cached) no
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating ImConfig.h
ImConfig.h is unchanged
root at carsington:/home/m10247/Imaging-1.1.4.tar/Imaging-1.1.4/libImaging#
make
        gcc -O -I./. -I/usr/local/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c Antialias.c
Antialias.c:46: error: conflicting types for `nearest'
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/3.3.2/include/math.h:954:
error: previous declaration of `nearest'

Stop.

This kind of thing quickly becomes dark and murky to me, as I have
steadfastly avoided the world of C and C++ for many years. Any help
would be much appreciated!

For the JPEG libraries I have succesfully compiled and installed

jpegsrc.v6b.tar

Thankyou for any help,

Matthew Warren.

_-'-_
  -|-

Internet communications are not always secure and therefore Powergen Retail Limited does not accept legal responsibility for this message. The recipient is responsible for verifying its authenticity before acting on the contents. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Powergen Retail Limited.

Registered addresses:

Powergen Retail Limited, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England and Wales No: 3407430

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432