[Image-SIG] Re: draw.text problem

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Oct 7 17:01:03 CEST 2004

Andre Kuehne wrote:

> I made this also with pil a while ago. But i don't know what changed
> since then. Do you get the same output with the script?

have you updated PIL and/or the freetype2 libraries?

I get better results on my machine (using verdanab.ttf from Windows XP
and freetype 2.1.8), but I can see similar problems at some font sizes.

freetype isn't exactly the most stable and well-documented API you can
find, so I'm probably using and old API which they have broken since then.

I'll take a look when I find the time (patches are welcome, if some freetype
expert has more time to spare than I have...)