[Image-SIG] PIL 1.1.4 build problem on RedHat ES AS 3 Update 3 - now ok

Chiu, PCM (Peter) P.C.M.Chiu at rl.ac.uk
Thu Oct 7 10:53:46 CEST 2004

Dear all,

I dropped a few postings last night regarding the building on PIL 1.1.4
on a RedHat Enterprise AS 3 U3 system.

(I have not seen any of my posts back though since the posting last night).

This is just a quick note to say that I have managed to work out
where the problem was, and get the sources to compile.

Apparently under RH Enterprise, the header files for tcl and tk are no
longer
bundled with their kits, but placed under the development RPM.  They in
turn require quite a bit of dependent packages to be loaded.  But once done,

the python build script works ok.  I can get our users to try out the newly
built PIL.

Regards,
Peter Chiu

CCLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory