[Image-SIG] PIL 1.1.4 build problem on RedHat ES AS 3 Update 3 - 2

Chiu, PCM (Peter) P.C.M.Chiu at rl.ac.uk
Wed Oct 6 19:33:03 CEST 2004

I have later found out tk.h comes in tk-devel kit.

I have loaded the rpm onto the RedHat AS 3U3 box,
cleaned up the whole Extensions tree, and started from fresh.

This time, I still hit a problem on python setup.py build.

It complains:

_imagingtk.c:23: syntax error before '*' token

and finaly
erro: command `gcc` failed with exit status 1

So I would appreciate some help in mounting PIL 1.1.4
on RedHat Enterprise 3U3.

Peter