[Image-SIG] libjpeg and friends: binary distribution for Windows?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Nov 4 01:57:02 CET 2004

For some reason the PIL Windows installation (both 1.1.4 and 1.1.5b1,
installed from binaries for Python 2.3) appears to require the jpeglib
and zlib libraries.

I see these listed as optional dependencies for PIL, and IIRC I have
installed 1.1.4 from a binary installer in the past without these problems.

Can someone tell me either a) how to do without these libraries or b)
where to get binary installers for them? When I install the GnuWin32
versions I end up getting a program fault (cannot read memory at ...).

To ensure a hygienic environment I re-installed ActivePython 2.3 but
this failed to resolve the issue.

regards
  Steve
--