[Image-SIG] Simpler build process for PIL+jpeg on MacOSX

Jan Hardenbergh - Earthlink jhardenbergh at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 7 20:58:54 EST 2004

I'm still getting my feet wet, so, Fink seems liek overkill.

So, I downloaded libjpeg, configure, built it, installed (build
directory was /Users/jch/jpeg-6b)
this make a libjpeg.a which is in /usr/local/lib

I had installed MacPython-2.3, so after untarring Imaging-1.1.4 I put
it in
/Applications/MacPython-2.3/Extras/Imaging-1.1.4

cd into libImaging
./configure --with-jpeg=/Users/jch/jpeg-6b

With that it semed to pass the ljpeg tests.

did rest of build steps just fine.

YON - Jan C. Hardenbergh - http://www.jch.com/jch <> Voxelographer
common sense and critical thinking must trump zealotry! Y. Troolly.