[Image-SIG] Image parser bug (Debian Bug #176456)

Matthias Urlichs smurf at smurf.noris.de
Wed Jan 7 07:43:03 EST 2004

Hi,

from http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=176456:

> The attached test script and .png file demonstrate the bug: Image.open()
> succeeds while ImageFile.Parser().feed(data) throws an IOError.
> Seems like an upstream bug to me.
> Anyway, here it is for Debian reference.

I am the (new) maintainer of the python-imaging package for Debian,
which basically packages PIL, and this problem is still unfixed.
(I wonder if it has been reported in the first place.)

Can somebody who knows more about PIL's internals look into this?
Thanks!

[ Please keep 176456 at bugs.d.o in the Cc: when you reply. Thanks. ]

Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf at smurf.noris.de
 - -