[Image-SIG] Error while installing PIL 1.1.4

Andreas Buechler abuechle at hsz-t.ch
Thu Feb 26 09:37:52 EST 2004

Hi,

I tried to install PIL 1.1.4 under SuSE 9, but I got the following error
after sucessfully running configure and make:

# python setup.py build
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 287, in ?
    extra_compile_args=EXTRA_COMPILE_ARGS,
NameError: name 'EXTRA_COMPILE_ARGS' is not defined

I tried to figure it out, but couldn't find anything. Maybe one of you
has an idea what is going wrong here (BTW compiling and installing PIL
1.1.3 is no problem).

Please CC your answers to my since I'm not on the mailing-list, thanks!

Andi