[Image-SIG] PIL's configure bug -- from 2002

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Fri Feb 20 19:52:36 EST 2004

Not really a PIL problem, you just don't like the way things work.
Fair enough!  I agree, fix it.  But if I could suggest something:
don't fix it in a piecemeal style -- this is a generic problem with
the autoconf system, not with PIL.  Add a couple of standard switches
to configure, not to the PIL configure.in.

According to the autoconf web page at
http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/: "If you have found a bug in
Autoconf that hasn't yet been fixed in the latest CVS sources of
Autoconf, you should send a patch (made for the CVS sources, not the
release sources) to autoconf-patches at gnu.org."  The CVS sources are
at: :pserver:anoncvs at subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/autoconf, module
"autoconf", with blank password.

Have fun!