[Image-SIG] Compiling PIL for 2.4

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 10:42:13 CET 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:39:45 +0000, Voidspace <mike at pcblokes.com> wrote:
> I've just upgraded to Python 2.4. I've installed the free microsoft
> optimising compiler and hacked distutils to use it - following the
> instructions from http://www.vrplumber.com/programming/mstoolkit/ . It
> works great and I've built a windows installer for PyCrypto 2.0.
>
> I'm attempting to compile PIL for python 2.4. The build instructions for
> windows say :

I posted some instructions to this list a couple of days ago for
building PIL with mingw. You may like to try that option (as far as I
can tell, it's not as messy as using the MS free compilers).
Alternatively, Fredrik has now published a build of PIL 1.1.5b1 for
Python 2.4, if that's of use.

Regards,
Paul.