[Image-SIG] Install Issue With ActiveState Python 2.4

Jonathan Hujsak jhujsak at neotopica.com
Fri Dec 3 17:13:50 CET 2004

Hi All,

I've been trying to install the latest Imaging-1.1.5b1 package into
ActiveState Python:

ActivePython-2.4.0-243-linux-libcpp5-ix86

The Image package builds fine and passess it's test suite without any
errors. It fails,
however, to install the package in the site packages directory:

/usr/local/python2.4.0/lib/python2.4/site-packages

The earlier release Imaging-1.1.4 built and installed perfectly. I'm
moving to 1.1.5b1
because of a segmentation fault problem I'm having with
ImageTk.PhotoImage - this
creates a PhotoImage that crashes TkInter's Canvas.

Is there an easy way to complete the 1.1.5b1 install by hand?

I'm running Red Hat Linux 9 on a generic PC architecture.

Many Thanks!!

--Jonathan Hujsak