[Image-SIG] Re: Hard to OCR Font

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Mon Apr 26 13:26:04 EDT 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> > >And, in fact, it was your cursive.bdf from your X11fonts page that
> > >broke one PIL function, and your toast.ttf that broke the other.
>
> I'm not sure who I'm responding to here, really, but I grabbed a couple
> of BDF files from Tom's web page, and "pilfont" has no problems con-
> verting them to PIL's bitmap format.

OK.  I see my problem.  "pilfont" works just fine.  I was trying to use
"bdf2pil.py".

So, maybe I'm on the road now.

Thank you so much.

> however, I see that there has been some changes since 1.1.4; to make
> sure you're using the same code as I use, grab the BdfFontFile.py module
> from the 1.1.5a2 release:

I am now using the 1.1.5a2.  But pilfont seems to work just fine on
the older release too.

Again, thank you so much, and especially for the wonderful software.

Marilyn