[Image-SIG] How to open image file via HTTP and save locally?

Anastasios Hatzis ahatzis at ithcorp.com
Wed Apr 21 07:02:07 EDT 2004

I want my Python script to read a remote image file on a web server
(e.g. JPG) and then save it locally.

I imported PIL 1.1.4 on my Python 2.3.2 (Windows XP) and everything
works fine while I read locally stored image files, using the PIL.

But I can't find an example or description, how to open an image file,
if it is not local but on a remote Web server ...
- neither in PIL handbook, Python website, nor in various mailing
archives.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? If needed, I can provide the
various source codes, which I tried, and didn't work.

Thanks for your help.

Anastasios

http://freegee.sourceforge.net/
http://www.go-gen.com/