[Image-SIG] Question on TIFF EXTRASAMPLES tag support

Tom Bridgman bridgman at wyeth.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 10 17:30:49 EDT 2003

Tom Bridgman wrote:

> significant difference, couldn't support for this format be installed by
> just adding:
>
>     (2, 1, (8,8,8,8), (1,)): ("RGBA", "RGBA"),
>
> to the OPEN_INFO list in TiffImagePlugin.py?

I tried this and it *seems* to do what I want.  However, is it a bug-fix
or a hack?  I'd like to not worry about this patch in the next release
but it also needs to be done in the proper way.

Thoughts?

Tom
--
Dr. William T."Tom" Bridgman           Scientific Visualization Studio
Global Science & Technology, Inc.      NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center