[Image-SIG] Installing PIL 1.1.4 Error on make

Chris Cogdon chris at cogdon.org
Thu Oct 16 03:21:32 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Oct 16, 2003, at 00:02 US/Pacific, Bjoern Platzen wrote:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> I'm not sure what I've got...
> $ gcc -v
> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.3/specs
> gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE)
>                             ^^^^^^
> Maybe this tells me, that it is just a smalltime version made by SuSE,
> but I was able to compile lots of other libs and progs with it (eg. UMN
> Mapserver, GD2, Freetype2, ...)
>
> I'll try to get another gcc downloaded and maybe it then works.

Just checked this with a debian linux system running gcc 2.95.4.
Imaging-1.1.4 compiles just fine. There might be something else wrong
with your gcc or include file installation that a reinstall will fix.
IT's possible that gcc is pulling the include files from the wrong
place. This could well be the fault of the configure scripts making
'assumptions ' that aren't valid for your system. Who knows :)

--
    ("`-/")_.-'"``-._        Chris Cogdon <chris at cogdon.org>