[Image-SIG] Compilation problem on Mac OS X 10.2.8

Andrew Straw astraw at insightscientific.com
Wed Nov 19 17:38:14 EST 2003

On Thursday, Nov 20, 2003, at 01:37 Australia/Adelaide, Bob Ippolito
wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2003, at 9:52 AM, Nate Iverson wrote:
>
>>> You may want to consider just using the official
>>> MacPython 2.3.0
>>
>> My eventual goal is to install the pygame package. I
>> tried the MacPython installer and could install all
>> the prerequisites.. but for some reason the new pygame
>> (in the non-official list) requires the 10.3
>> installation of python. I poked around a little but
>> couldn't find an upgrade from apple. I also tried some
>> older / different install lists but things still
>> didn't seem to be working correctly.
>
> That's actually my list.  Sorry, I don't run 10.2 or support it
> anymore.  You can try installing all the pygame dependencies from my
> old list, and then compile pygame yourself.  There's not a whole lot
> of difference between pygame 1.5.6 and 1.6 anyways, so that's always
> an option.

AFAIK, the pygame in Bob's (now unsupported) database for 10.2 works
great.  Point the PackageManager from Jack's MacPython 2.3(.0) to Bob's
old database:
http://undefined.org/python/pimp/darwin-6.6-Power_Macintosh.plist and
download away!

Bob -- are you planning on keeping your 10.2 database online for a
while?

Cheers!
Andrew